11/22/2010 NSC Agenda and Minutes
Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:55 PM

                                District 10 Neighborhood Safety Committee Meeting

                                                          Street Car Station

                                                    November, 2010    7:00 pm

 

                                               Meeting Minutes (unapproved)

 

Members present: Dolores Rufenacht, J

Staff/interns present, Josh White, Safety Coordinator  Excused: Pete Bolstad

 

I. Call to Order by Dolores Rufenacht  at 7:05 p.m.

II. Review, Amend , Approve Agenda and last months minutes.

     III. Reports

·         Dolores Rufenacht, Neighborhood Safety Committee Chair: Dolores said she would talk to Officer McManus and residents that attended the Oct 12 meeting to see how the traffic/speeding problems have been since the meeting. She will also call the City Traffic /Transportation Departments to see what the qualifications are to have a traffic study done on Victoria and Grotto.

·         Josh Witte, D10 Neighborhood Safety Coordinator: He was not able to attend the last SPPD Community meeting on Nov. 16 due to school classes he needed to attend that day Josh will be working on updating crime reports this month from October 13 through next meeting Dec. 20th. He will talk to the Police Dept. for an update from there meeting and district 10 crimes reported.

IV: Action Items

·         We decided to combine the next Block cub meeting and the NSC meeting to be on the same night due to the Holidays. The meeting was move one week earlier to Dec. 20. We decided to discuss with the new Community Organizer that will be hired by January when if the 4th Monday of the month will still work. If yes the answer is yes the next meeting will be Jan. 24th.

·         Since Pete Bolstad our new member on this NSC was not able to attend tonight Dolores will contact him and get his feedback about the date of the meeting and discussed items.

·         ( After sending him an e-mail he said he will be able to attend the Dec. 20 meeting but can not help with other details until after the holidays January).

·         We will invite all block clubs by e-mail in the weekly District 10 news and in a reminder

·          e-blast the Friday Dec. 17 before. the meeting. this will also include an attachment of the Nov. minutes and agenda for Dec. 20 meeting.

·         12/20/2010  agenda ideas were discussed: Have a Holiday Block Club party/meeting. Committee board and staff members will supply refreshments and deserts/snacks.

1. We will ask block clubs to bring a copy of their favorite holiday recipe to share and we will make copies of them for everyone to take home.

2. We will ask them what they would like to see us plan for events and speakers/topic               for future meetings in 2011.   Ask what they felt worked this year.

V.  Others items discussed: The block club Party/meeting would end at  8:30 pm or sooner and  block club leaders will be welcome to stay but can leave. District 10 members and staff will stay until about 9:00 to discuss next meeting agenda, update on new staff position, 2011 committee goals which may include 1.Develope a District 10 Business Association for crime prevention and community building.

2. Plan a Bicycle Safety Rodeo for children 5-12 to be held in May,   3. Offer adult bike/pedestrian/driver safety workshop,    4.  Plan a bike safety tour to coincide with Stacation Event if there is one,

5.NNO Aug. 2, 2011,  6. Our committee involvement in Garage Sale and other District 10 events planned.for 2011.   

IV.  Adjourned: 8:10  pm. Minutes submitted by Dolores Rufenacht

 

District 10 Como Community Council | 1224 Lexington Pkwy N, Saint Paul, MN 55103 | 651.644.3889 | district10 [at] district10comopark.org

Site donated by: Havens Design, Matt Schmitt Photography
and UrbanPlanet Software LLC