Minutes - 3/2009
Monday, March 09, 2009 10:10 AM

 
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
March 4, 2009
Page 1 of 2
 
 
District 10 Community Council
Executive Committee Meeting
Historic Streetcar Station
March 4, 2009
 
Members Present: David Arbeit, Marcy Micek, Ted Sheu, Camille Schafer, Rhonda Debough
Excused: Lori Klongtruatroke
 
 
1. Call to Order
David Arbeit called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. Approve Agenda and November minutes
Marcy Micek made a motion to approve the minutes. Ted Sheu seconded the motion. The
motion passed with unanimous approval.
3. Review/Approve February Minutes
Marcy suggested a change to Treasurer’s Report section. Unanimously approved
4. Chair Report (David)
David’s working on 2009 City contracts. Camille is putting together stats. All committee
work plans are submitted except Fin Dev which is under review by committee. David asked
Marcy to send him the draft.
David has developed a “roles and responsibilities” statement for CIB representatives.
Como Woodland Advisory Committee wants us to be fiscal sponsor. Marcy – we talked this
over with Linda last fall. Camille – we need to get more information before we commit.
Liability? Camille will talk to Diane Wanner – who could we speak to learn about the risks
or liabilities involved? Rhonda – District 6 is a fiscal sponsor – could talk to them.
5. Financial Update (Marcy)
Marcy did a cash projection today and feels we can make it comfortably through April on our
current cash balance.
 
6. Organizer Report – Activities and Issues
Rhonda has a copy of Summit Hill’s fundraising letter. She is working on a senior activity
fair with some other organizations. The Financial Development Committee is applying for a
grant from Community POWER. Rhonda and Josh met with someone from Jessamine
apartment complex who is organizing managers of apartment complexes. She is going to a
workshop on a Paint the Pavement community organizing event. Idea: have speakers come to
Streetcar Station on Sundays when we’re staffing here? Josh’s time with us will be over
soon. 
 
 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
March 4, 2009
Page 2 of 2
Camille – Need to complete COPP grant paperwork. Communication Committee has selected
the D10 website domain name and wants to purchase it. Regarding the internet access in the
office, it would cost us $12/month more to increase from 256K to 1.5MB. Camille needs the
board member survey results to complete City contract assessments. Ken Kunkle has been
the acting Neighborhood Safety Committee chair and doing a great job.
At last night’s Ward 4 meeting held by Russ Stark he said he supports no funding cut for
District Councils. It was an excellent meeting with lots of community input.
 
7. Agenda Ideas for March Board Meeting
a. Community Section – make this a large part of our next meeting
i. City Budget – We’ll ask Lee Helgen and Russ Stark (or their staffs) to say a few
words
ii. Como Pool Design Report
iii. Como Home Environmental Audit Program (CHEAP) – Environment Committee
working on educating people on how to make their homes more energy efficient. 
iv. Lexington/Larpenteur Node Study
v. CIB Representatives Report and Project Rankings
vi. Election for Subdistrict 3 Vacancy
b. Reports/Discussions/Update Items
Ted wants to request a copy of T-Mobile’s contract with the City. Can he do so on behalf
of District 10? David felt that, since this is just a request for information, that is
appropriate.
c. Work Plan Review/Discussion
d. Action Items
i. Committee Chairs and Work Plans
ii. Neighborhood Safety Chair Appointment
iii. Proposal to Verde Strategies for Rain Barrel Workshop
8. Adjourn
Marcy Micek moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:35 p.m. David Arbeit seconded. The motion
passed with unanimous approval.
 
 
 
Minutes submitted by Marcy Micek

District 10 Como Community Council | 1224 Lexington Pkwy N, Saint Paul, MN 55103 | 651.644.3889 | district10 [at] district10comopark.org

Site donated by: Havens Design, Matt Schmitt Photography
and UrbanPlanet Software LLC