District 10 Como Park Community Council
Boundary Change Ad Hoc Committee
Minutes – October 7, 2013
Attendees: Pete Bolstad (Co-Chair), Panod Klongtruatroke, William Lipkin, Erin Dooley, Anne McInerney
I. Review of Agenda: The group approved the agenda for tonight’s meeting.
II. Review of 9/5/13 Minutes: The committee approved the minutes for the 9/5/13 meeting.
III. Review of Public Meeting/Review Comments from Meeting: Pete reported that no comments were received via comment sheets or emails to the committee. Some of the committee members were surprised by the small turnout for the public meeting. The committee agreed that the feedback at the meeting was positive and supportive of the proposed changes.
IV. Bylaw Changes: Pete and Panod talked about the proposed changes for the bylaws. Panod noted that David would draft the language for Article III, Boundaries, Sections 1 and 2 prior to the October Board meeting. Pete indicated David A. will be asked for suggestions for the language for Article III, Section 3. We reviewed the proposed changes for Article V, Board of Directors. The committee members expressed approval for the description of the December 2013 special election. Panod indicated he would send the proposed bylaw changes to the committee after tonight’s meeting. Panod also agreed to forward the bylaw changes to former Board member Ted Scheu for his review.
V. Recruitment efforts/Welcoming of South Como neighbors: The committee discussed various ideas for recruiting/welcoming South Como residents:
· Panod suggested a possible potluck for the December board meeting to coincide with the special election. We talked about the possibility of bringing desserts (e.g. holiday cookies, bars) to the December meeting.
· We agreed that providing information about the boundary changes at the Pancake Breakfast would be helpful.
· Reviewed the possible businesses in Subdistrict 4 that could be contacted for possible donations/participation in District 10 activities.
· The committee also reviewed the need for re-printing of the Welcome to the Como Park Neighborhood guide.
· Pete suggested that one or two Board meetings between November 2013 to April 2014 be held in locations within the new section of Subdistrict 2 and Subdistrict 4.
VI. Next Meeting: We agreed there would be few new items to discuss at a possible October 21 meeting. The committee agreed to meet on Monday, November 4 after the committee has had a chance to present the bylaw changes the Board.