Minutes- 4/4/12
Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:40 AM

District 10 Como Community Council
Executive Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
7:00 p.m.

Members Present: Jon Knox (chair), Panod Klongtruatroke (vice chair), Linda Hinderscheit (secretary)

Staff Present: Jessie Bronk

Members Absent: Penny Spence (treasurer)

Meeting Minutes

I. Call to order at 7:07 p.m.

II. Approve Agenda

III. Evaluation: The committee reviewed the results from the 2011 evaluation. The feedback was mostly positive, with a few suggestions on how we can improve. A calculation of the results is needed for City grant purposes. Panod has agreed to help calculate, and results will be shared with the board.

IV. CWAC Meeting Space: The Como Woodlands Advisory Committee (CWAC) is in need of new monthly meeting space, and has requested to use District 10’s office. A board member is not currently active on the CWAC. District 10’s office policy is that only board members are allowed access to office keys, and the committee has agreed that we can’t make an exception in this case. Committee members suggested that CWAC look in to spaces at the North Dale Rec Center or Saint Timothy Lutheran Church. Jessie will communicate with CWAC.

a. Presentation at May meeting. Jessie will ask if a member from the CWAC can come present about the Como Woodlands to the new board members.

V. Ramsey County Tobacco Coalition is scheduled to present for 5-10 minutes at the April board meeting on the new sign ordinance (effective June 1).

VI. Parks and Recreation will be presenting on the Como Pool Grand Opening at the April board meeting. Parks and Rec will be providing us with five single day family passes for the pool, that we may use to raffle off to community members.

a. We have been asked to provide a quote on the Como Pool for a Park Bugle article. The committee brainstormed ideas and tabled the discussion.

VII. John Lesch: State representative John Lesch may be attending the April meeting to introduce himself. Jessie will follow up to confirm.

VIII. Sub-3 Recruiting: We are still in need of a sub-district 3 representative.

IX. Offsite Meeting in Sub-3 or Energy Park: Similar to last year, we should make efforts to have at least one board meeting outside of our office to encourage participation from underrepresented areas in our neighborhood. The North Dale Rec Center and the Capital Region Watershed District were suggested as possible locations for August and November board meeting dates. Panod will look in to scheduling and reserving these locations.

X. Garage Sale/Staycation. The Neighborhood Garage Sale registration deadline is Friday, April 27. Jessie needs helps flyering locations around the neighborhood.

XI. Paid Intern Posting

a. Chris Harkness (District Plan ad hoc Committee Char) has created a job description for an intern position with the District Plan Committee. Board members will vote at the next meeting to approve the posting.

XII. City Grants: Jessie is almost finished with the City Grants. Grants will be submitted by the end of next week.

XIII. Metro Transit Presentation: Jessie has been communicating with Metro Transit about the Central Corridor Transit Study. They have offered to share a presentation and the full study plan. The Land Use Committee recommended that the full board hear the presentation. The Executive Committee has suggested the May board meeting.

XIV. Job Corp Intern: Jessie will be working with a Hubert Humphrey Job Corps intern, Morris Carter, starting Monday. Morris is scheduled to work Monday, Thursday and Friday from 12:30-4:30 p.m.

XV. Publicize Stark Meeting: Councilmember Russ Stark has organized a meeting with District 10, Public Works, Chelsea Heights PTO and concerned neighbors about safety concerns at the Hamline/Nebraska intersection. The meeting is onsite on April 26 at 3:00 p.m. Jessie will publicize the meeting in the e-newsletter.

XVI. Bylaw Changes: The Bylaws Review ad hoc Committee is considering the option of changing the rule that committee chairs should be run by board members, and opening it up the chair position to all committee members.

XVII. Staff Report- nothing new to report that wasn’t already discussed.

XVIII. Miscellaneous discussion- none.

XIX. Adjourned at 9:00 p.m.

District 10 Como Community Council | 1224 Lexington Pkwy N, Saint Paul, MN 55103 | 651.644.3889 | district10 [at] district10comopark.org

Site donated by: Havens Design, Matt Schmitt Photography
and UrbanPlanet Software LLC