Minutes- 5/2/12
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:55 AM

Executive Committee Meeting
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Historical Streetcar Station
7:00-9:00 p.m.

Members Present: Jon Knox (chair), Panod Klongtruatroke (vice chair), Penny Spence (treasurer) Linda Hinderscheit (secretary)

Staff Present: Jessie Bronk

Others Present: Chris Harkness

Meeting Minutes

I. Call to order at 6:59 p.m.

II. Approve agenda. Discussion on taxes, accounting firms and liability insurance was added to the agenda.

III. Hmong Festival
a. Land Use action item: Linda reported that the Land Use Committee is anticipating that they will submit a letter of support following the May 9th community meeting on the Hmong Festival. The public hearing for the Lao Family sound variance is June 6th.
b. May 9th community meeting: The community meeting regarding the Hmong Festival will be May 9 at 6:oopm at the Streetcar Station. Ward 5 and Lao Family will be present, as well as Commander Frazier, who will conduct the meeting.

IV. District Plan Intern: Chris, Jill, Dent, Jessie and one Exec member will be part of the interviewing process. Places to post: MN Council of Nonprofits, Humphrey, Craigslist, and our website. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. Chris finalize the posting by this Friday and send to the Exec Committee to post. The deadline for applicants is Friday the 18th is the deadline.

V. Hamline/Nebraska intersection- meeting recap: Russ Stark held a meeting on April 26 at the Hamline/Nebraska intersection to discuss safety concerns at the intersection. Public Works was not present at the meeting. Neighbors discussed possible options: stop sign bump outs and flashing sign. Russ said he will follow up with Public Works to discuss a solution. Jessie will follow up with Russ for updates.

VI. Jon met with Councilmember Amy Brendmoen before the April board meeting to discuss district council issues.

VII. Como Pool
a. Grand opening event: Jessie is looking for local musical entertainment to play at the event
b. Star Tribune interview: The Star Tribune called looking to interview someone about the Como Pool Grand Opening event. Jessie is looking for a board member or neighbor who is willing to be interviewed

VIII. City grants: Jon will follow up with Beth Urjich to find out the statues of our City Grant application.

IX. CRPAC questionnaire: CRPAC representative Paul Kolias is looking for public feedback regarding the way finding and signage project. Panod will create a survey of the questions that Paul sent us so that we can solicit input through the e-newsletter.

X. Garage sale: Jessie is currently working on the map and organizing advertising. The committee discussed the following advertising options: black and white copies of the map, Star Tribune ad, Pioneer Press ad, Roseville Review ad, craigslist and signage around the neighborhood. Penny will look in to what it would cost to make small yard/boulevard signs to post around the neighborhood.

XI. Yoga in the Park: The committee approved moving forward with Yoga in the Park with Shelia burns for 2012.

XII. Staff updates: Jessie met with block leaders on May 2 to discuss a block leader directory and furthering the block leader program. Jessie was contacted by MNDot about our community garden permit requests, and is working on getting an update on what steps to take next. Jessie is also looking for board members to volunteer for our monthly column articles in the Monitor. Penny volunteered for the month of October to write an article about the fundraising and the pancake breakfast. The column will have Jon’s byline and photo to give the board a greater presence with the community. Jessie also met with new sub-district 3 board member, Kate Wilinkski, for a brief orientation, to review the board manual and discuss committees.

XIII. Taxes: Penny got an email from Linda’s Accounting informing us that our 990 is due May 15. Penny asked for an extension, and will review the 990 and submit to the whole board for approval.

XIV. Liability Insurance: Penny and Jessie are working to get us an update on the status of the Sholom Home.

XV. Constant Contact: We need full board approval to renew Constant Contact for 2012.

XVI. Adjourn: 9:00 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Jessie Bronk

District 10 Como Community Council | 1224 Lexington Pkwy N, Saint Paul, MN 55103 | 651.644.3889 | district10 [at] district10comopark.org

Site donated by: Havens Design, Matt Schmitt Photography
and UrbanPlanet Software LLC