District 10 Como Community Council
Land Use Committee
Monday, February 29, 2016
Members Present: Kim Moon, Chris Harkness, Bill Sylvester, Frank Dolejsi, Michael Kuchta, Dave Sorenson
Members Absent: Linda Hinderscheit
Call to Order: Kim Moon called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.
Adoption of Agenda: Motion to approve the agenda (Dolejsi-Sorenson). Passed.
Approval of Minutes: Tabled until next meeting
Chair Report: Kim will be contacting St. Paul Traffic Engineer Elizabeth Stiffler regarding Midway Pkwy traffic concerns expressed at the last meeting.
Land Use Plan Objectives:
· Develop an online toolkit of resources for people to stay in and maintain their homes as they age—Possible resources include Commissioner Janice Rettman w/Ramsey County, State Rep. Alice Hausman. Kim will reach out to these two. District Councils may have access to loan funds. Michael will check with other Executive Directors (and we can check other district council websites.) Lyngblomsten is another possible resource.
· Address the railroad grade crossing on Como Avenue. No ideas right now.
· Restriping Lexington between the bridges on Lexington.
· Energy Park/Lexington intersection turn lane to ease backups turning rush hour when employees leaving work.
· Northbound Lexington at Larpenteur. Need signs that say don’t block the intersection. Also need signs from Hwy 36 to direct Como visitors onto Snelling instead of Lexington to get them closer to shuttle parking.
· Michael will follow up with Commissioner Rettman regarding County Rd questions. We may want a county traffic engineer to visit a Land Use Meeting.
Adjourn: Motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:40 p.m.
Next Meeting: The next meeting is Monday, April 4, 2016, at the Street Station.
Future Meeting Dates May 6, May 32, July 7.
Minutes recorded by Chris Harkness, Committee Member
These minutes are not official until approved.