Minutes 04/2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:50 PM

 

Neighborhood Relations, Safety & Operations Committee

Meeting Minutes

April 11, 2013

6:00pm Historic Streetcar Station

 

Attendees: Ted Blank, Laurie Erickson, Mary Michalski, Pete Bolstad, Dolores Rufenacht, Jackie Gulbranson, Bill Sylvester

               Call to Order 6:08

         Community Discussion

        Pete reported an update from CRPAC: the pedestrian bridge looks like it might be able to be useable given the state of the concrete

         Review/Approve Minutes from Last Meeting

        Minutes from March were approved

         Duration of the Committee Meetings/Master Calendar

        Master calendar lists the meetings as one hour, but they are intended to go for two hours

        Dolores voiced concern about changing the meeting duration because it might discourage community members from attending.

         Neighborhood Garage Sale

        Ted reported that the community garage sale is scheduled for May 18

        registration is open and the deadline is May 3rd

        District 10 charges a $10 fee per registrant to be included on our map

        Mary will design a garage sale sign

        The epilepsy foundation will do a pick up the Monday following

         Quarterly Block Club Meeting - April 24:

        One of the NRSO committee responsibilities is to organize the block clubs

        The current block group program is lagging, and we would like to think of ways to reinvigorate the block club program

        Possibly get help from social media programs like Next Door; almost like a Facebook for neighbors:

        There is an existing Google Group for block leaders

         Graffiti:

        Ted reported that the city has a web form and a phone number to report graffiti

        Saint Paul Connect app: mobile app that you can use to report graffiti

         Seed/plant exchange:

         Ted was contacted by district 4 or 6 about partnering with them for a worm sale; there seems to be a want for a seed or plant exchange: we will try to add pots to the exchange

        Should we create a group or joint sub-committee with the environment committee to handle gardens: Ted will propose to the Environment Committee at next meeting

        Proposed day to host a plant exchange: Sunday May 19 from 12:30-3:00

        Ted will make a flyer

         Business Networking Group

        Bridget Smith, a realtor in the neighborhood, is interested in creating a Business networking organization

        Can we host a business coffee for an initial get together? Ted will e-mail Mary and Laurie to get this off the ground

         Bike Rodeo

        County cycle is a yes: quick tune ups or diagnostics

        Jackie will confirm the St. Paul Police Reserves participation

        Jackie will print a poster saying thank you to the sponsors that will be displayed at the event

        Jackie will print flyers after Laurie e-mails me the flyer; Dolores will distribute to area locations

        Pete, Laurie and Mary will bring tables to the event

        Pete will arrange to have tents

        Day of: Pete, Mary and Ted will be present at the Bike Rodeo; Laurie and Dolores are tentative

        We will try to recruit other board members at the April meeting to represent the district council at the event

         New Business

        District councils are having a joint pedestrian and bike safety committee; Ted will find out more and get us the information

 

Meeting adjourned at 7:37pm

District 10 Como Community Council | 1224 Lexington Pkwy N, Saint Paul, MN 55103 | 651.644.3889 | district10 [at] district10comopark.org

Site donated by: Havens Design, Matt Schmitt Photography
and UrbanPlanet Software LLC