Neighborhood Relations Safety and Operations (NRSO)
November Committee Meeting
Streetcar Station 11/14/13
Members present: Ted Blank, Janna Caywood, Angie Sechler, Julie Tholen
Members absent: Jackie Gulbranson, Laurie Erickson, Delores Rufenacht, Pete Bolstad, Patrick Tschida, Bill Sylvester
Call to order at 6:08
· Welcome to our new member – Annie Huidekoper who lives on W Como Blvd in the South Como area.
· Como Curb Clean Up is ongoing. Please continue to report cleanup activities to Janna.
· Parking issues at the German Immersion school. Parking lot issue due to pollution clean up and they will not be able to address until Spring.
· Break ins are on the rise again similar to this time last year. Please be cautious.
· Café 99 is now open. Julie recommends the Spring Rolls! Positive reports on the renovation and the food.
· NRSO will remain on the second Thursday of the month but we will be shortening our meeting time to 6:00 to 7:30.
Pancake Breakfast / Silent Auction Debrief
· Overall a very nice success – a huge thank you to all of our volunteers!
· Netted $1687
Issues / questions / ideas for the 11/19 Board Meeting with Mike Hahm
· Julie volunteered to pose our questions:
· Are there any plans for a dedicated dog park?
· Sidewalk to the new pool is rather dangerous – any updates on plans to address?
· Overall planning process question – how to items / projects make it onto the master plan? For instance o with other organizations such as Capital Regional Watershed, or other types of storm water management.
Annual Appeal Letter and Fundraising
· Letter went out last week to past donors.
· Also included in E-blast and quarterly newsletter.
· Unfortunately the Give to the Max day was not as successful as hoped. The website was overloaded very early and was down from 10:00 am through rest of day. Ted is looking into alternate options to promote.
2014 Committee Planning
· Brainstormed over 30 potential items for next year. Hooray! But now we need to scope that back to what is reasonable to accomplish.
· First goal of December meeting will be the completion of mission statement to help our committee clearly state its purpose and goals.
8:06 – Meeting adjourned