District 10 Community Council
Boundary Change Ad Hoc Committee
Summary of Recommendations to be presented at September 25 Public Meeting:
· We will be recommending a four sub-district model. Our recommendation is Scenario 4C; however, we will be bringing the 4A and 4B maps to the meeting.
· 2 Representatives for each Sub-district, 4 Officers and 5 At-Large Members
· 17 Board members total
· Since population size of the individual sub-districts may change over time (e.g. former Sholom site and Sub-District 1) the committee is recommending that District 10 review the boundaries of sub-districts after each census.
· No existing Board members will be affected by the change in sub-districts
· We are recommending that a special election for Sub-district 4 representatives be held in December 2013. The interim terms will be for January 1, 2014 – April 15, 2014. At the 2014 annual meeting one individual will be elected for a two-year term and one person will be elected for a one-year term
· Public Meeting on September 25, 7 PM to 9 PM at St. Timothy Lutheran Church
· By-law Changes will be reviewed in October 2013 and voted on in November 2013.
September 2013: Boundary Change committee will prepare for Public Meeting
September 25, 2013: Public Meeting
October 2, 2013: Review of Public input with Executive Committee
October 2013: Final Draft of Bylaws for review by Board and for Public Input
November 2013: District 10 Board vote on Bylaws
December 2013: Special Election for Sub-district 4 representatives
January 1, 2014: South Como area officially moves to District 10/First day of official representation of Sub-district 4
January-April 2014: Committee will continue working on the transition through communication with committees and Sub-district 4 residents
April 15, 2014 Annual Election